Suspended after registration for suspicious actions

I sent another link. Please check your email.

I tried to register on netlify but my account was suspended while registering. I tried using stripe to verify my identity by submitting my ID but still no luck. with my email nasirahmad240502@gmail.com

Hi, where is your document from.

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue. I tried to sign up with Github but was instantly blocked. I used luanillustrates@gmail.com. Could I get some help, please. Thank you.

I am also experiencing the same issues. First time trying to sign up and my account is already suspended. My email is trahy032@gmail.com.

Hiya @trahy and @Luan thanks for reaching out! Both of your accounts were automatically marked as spam in an effort to crack down on potential fraudulent behaviour. Please see our VP of security response regarding this.

You can now verify yourself via stripe to unlock your account. Please try to signup/sign in again and follow the prompts to upload a copy of your ID so we can be sure you are legitimate. Please view a list of acceptable documentation for your country here. If you are not prompted to do so please submit a support ticket and mark the reason as “signup/login”.

If you do not want to verify your ID you can bypass this step by signing up for a Pro tier account.

@SamO I tried verifying my ID with Stripe and am experiencing the same issue as others, receiving “Error fetching result, please try again.” I have cleared the cache as mentioned above and am now suspended from verifying my ID.

Can you share a screenshot of what you see? i haven’t heard of someone getting suspended from verifying the ID?

As shown in the screenshot, the verify button has been disabled and I can no longer proceed with the process.

I’m not seeing your account as blocked anymore. Can you confirm the email if you are still experiencing this? If so we can send you another link to verify your ID.

I can confirm I am able to log in now, thank you.

Awesome! Glad you were able to get in. Thanks for your patience. Happy building! :rocket:

Hi, I tried to sign up on 2023-11-11, and my account was immediately “flagged by our automatic fraud protection system”

when I went to the “verify your identity link,” it told me that “We have suspended this account due to suspicious activity” :woman_shrugging:

I then clicked the “Verify my identity” link on that page, which opened a new tab with yet another “Verify my identity” link, which said that my identity would be verified by stripe. I clicked that link, and it created an animation over the link as if it was doing something, but nothing ever happened. I had to leave for work. I tried it again today, and am getting the same result.

By coming to this forum, I am hoping that it might be possible to resolve this so that I actually create an account! The integrations with Logseq look really interesting and useful to me.

Thanks in advance, hope all’s well.

EDIT: also, in case it’s useful info: today I tried logging in with my github account to see if that might resolve it, but I think it detected the same email address & directed me back to the same loop.

Hi, can you share your email so I can issue a new verification link?

1 Like

@ris I’ve sent a new verification link to your email

1 Like

Thanks very much.

I’m afraid that I’m not sure what’s supposed to happen at the verification screen. I have once again clicked “Verify my identity…” and it has once again begun its little animation, but nothing further has detectably taken place toward verification. It’s been going for nearly ten minutes at this point.

Happy to continue to let it spin in the background, but I’m not sure if I’m missing some other step.

Hi, you are supposed to be automatically unlocked after you submit your identity documents so the indefinite spinning is not expected behaviour.

Can you please log a ticket and write back in when this is done so I can escalate this to our fraud and abuse team to investigate?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @SamO sincerely thank you for the help.

I logged a ticket this morning, but then had to go to work. On my lunch break I noticed that they had replied almost immediately requesting a) the email address associated with the account, and b) a screenshot of the error message.

– 21:27:11 (UTC)

I replied just a few minutes ago at 21:27:11 (UTC):

a) I let them know that the email address they were replying to was also the one associated with the account.
b) I re-opened the non-functional verification link, clicked it again, took a screenshot of the inert animation, and attached it to the email as requested.

I also gave them a link to this forum discussion.

– 21:27:53 (UTC)

then at 21:27:53 (UTC), I received the following reply:

We regret to inform you that your account has been flagged due to increased potential for fraudulent behavior. As a result, we are unable to enable your account. We understand that you may have questions regarding the ban; however, please note that we will not be able to provide further review or additional reasoning for this decision.
We appreciate your interest in our services, and while we understand this may be disappointing news, we take the security and integrity of our platform very seriously. Our Fraud and Abuse Team has thoroughly reviewed the situation, and based on their assessment, the decision to disable your account has been made. We value your understanding and cooperation.

Thoroughly Evaluated, case closed, & communication terminated in just 42 seconds. pretty quick!

none of other services I pay subscriptions to have ever accused me of being a fraudster, oddly; and it sort of seems like a designation that might be better decided after someone has been presented with a functional mechanism to submit verification documents; but what do I know.

Sincere thanks to the helpful staff here in the forum; sorry that this particular thread just keeps getting longer.

Hi @ris just escalated to our review team and they have followed up on ticket # 208902.

To reiterate what Mike mentioned it’s very possible that it’s the email you signed up with that is getting caught in the flow. Have you tried signing up with your personal email?

You can always add your proton email as an additional email/billing address in the UI once you’ve signed up successfully.

hey @SamO thanks very much for persuading the F&A folks to re-initiate communication.
at work rn, but will try to engage later.

I’m wondering if you have any guidance regarding what kind of email address is acceptable (this is a personal email address that I use regularly):

• I do also have a protonmail address that is closer to my given name, which I have been using for some things. (I think I wasn’t aware that email address naming conventions had become flags for fraud and abuse, unless it’s like: Donald4395162886 or something)
  • I also have an old gmail address if that is better than protonmail in the eyes of F&A teams these days?

Whatever guidelines F&A is using for denial seem kind of opaque, but I’d definitely prefer to be able to sign up for an account in a way that will actually go through.

Thanks once again.