[Support Guide] Reconnecting your repository to your Netlify site

So, someone has suggested that you re-link your repository to your Netlify site? Why might they do that, and how might you do it?

Linking a repository in the first place puts several things in place:

• configures us to know where your code lives
  • configures your repository to know that we are allowed to pull it (read-only!)
  • and potentially setups up an app (https://github.com/apps/netlify) to facilitate this.

Now, you created this connection - not us - and it is scoped to your permissions, both at Netlify, and at your git provider. Should you be removed from the Netlify team, or from access at your git provider, it is likely that we’ll stop being able to pull or build your site. Fortunately, the usual fix here lines up pretty well with the IT classic line:

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

Re-linking a repository isn’t too hard, but you do need to have permission to login to the Netlify UI and work with the site in question, AND you need administrative access to the repository (and perhaps similar access to its owning account/organization, depending on what else is configured already and which provider you use). Once you’ve established that you do have that, here’s how to do it:

TL;DR:

• navigate to Site Configuration
  • select Build & deploy
  • in the top configuration card (“Continuous deployment”), select “Manage Repository”
  • then select “Link to a different repository”
  • …but actually choose the same one.
3 Likes

My repository was up and running and i keep on redeploying “Successfully” but when I do a preview, I get this message: Page Not Found. Looks like you’ve followed a broken link or entered a URL that doesn’t exist on this site.

https://portfolio-1031.netlify.app/

Hi there,

Did you see this guide yet? This is the best place to start for “Page Not Found” issues.

If you are still seeing issues after following the troubleshooting steps in there, please check out this Support Guide as well. It outlines all of our build and deploy resources and will get you on the right track :slight_smile:

If none of the above resources help, please write back with your site name and what steps you have tried and we can look into this further!

I did the reading and understood to the best of my capacity, but I need help understanding what happened to the landing page. I mean, I haven’t touched it or made any changes at all.
I’m applying for jobs, and I went to review my portfolio. Is something wrong there that removed the link.

I wouldn’t know without more details can you share your repo and site ID?

Hi SamO,
Thank you for your help.
This was my first time using Netlify, and I found it difficult to upload my portfolio from Github. So I uploaded it from my computer using my email address.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, while installing Azure console on my Mac, something went wrong, and I lost a lot of my stuff., including the portfolio server.
I noticed the Portfolio is pointing to a completely different repo on GitHub, so I am trying to figure out how to download the app from Netlify, and try to recoup as much as I can.
I’m going under and I don’t seem to find a download anywhere!? Could you kindly point me to the right place so I can do so?

Much obliged for all your help.
David

Looks like you’ve found it: I dont see the download button next to my deploy. How can I download my latest deploy? - #4 by David_Arcos