Hi friends! Please help, I’ve gotten myself into a real tangle.
I used to have two websites:
www.likeafuckinggrownup.com - a Ghost (Pro) site with the DNS managed by GoDaddy.
www.sambeckbessinger.com - a static site hosted by Netlify and the DNS managed by Netlify.
I am trying to consolidate my Ghost (Pro) site onto www.sambeckbessinger.com and 301 redirect any traffic to the old www.likeafuckinggrownup domain there. Because it’s a Ghost site, I don’t think I can follow the domain alias approach; so I’m trying to do this with a _redirects file.
What I’ve done:
- I’ve changed the Ghost (Pro) config to recognise www.sambeckbessinger.com as the URL.
- I’ve changed the DNS records in Netlify to point to Ghost (Pro).
This domain is working exactly as I want it to.
- I pointed the GoDaddy nameservers to Netlify so I can use Netlify’s DNS.
- I connected this domain to this Netlify site: vigorous-lichterman-c5511f.netlify.app. www.likeafuckinggrownup.com is the primary domain for this site.
- To that vigorous-lichterman site, I uploaded a _redirects file.
- I requested an SSL certificate for the vigorous-lichterman site. In the settings, it says DNS verification was successful.
vigorous-lichterman-c5511f.netlify.app does redirect to www.sambeckbessinger.com exactly as I want it to.
But if I enter www.likeafuckinggrownup.com, I get an SSL error:
Issued by: COMODO ECC Domain Validation Secure Server CA 2
“ssl424449.cloudflaressl.com” certificate name does not match input
If I enter https://likeafuckinggrownup.com (without the www) I simply get:
Safari can’t open the page because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server
Any idea how I can fix this mess? Thanks in advance for your help!