Problems using Netlify nameservers

Hi

I’ve set up a starter account to host a holding page for a new organisation. I have 2 domains registered elsewhere, and have switched to use the Netlify nameservers on both.

I have also added a MX record for Google Workspace to the main domain.

Main domain: lrmarchantgroup.com
Alias domain: lrmarchantgroup.co.uk
Netlify address is: https://admirable-torrone-fa8ddd.netlify.app/

I am seeing the holding page via the alias domain only.
MX records are working on the main domain and email working, but not the website - I get an unknown host error for that one.

– Update
I’ve just checked again and I see this. Previously all entries were saying Netlify DNS

Help troubleshooting this would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Lucinda

Hi @lucinda,

Thanks for reaching out!

Visiting lrmarchantgroup.com and lrmarchantgroup.co.uk are resolving properly for me along with the SSL Certificate. Are you still having issues?

I do see that the Netlify name servers are configured correctly for lrmarchantgroup.com:

dig lrmarchantgroup.com NS +trace | tail -n6
lrmarchantgroup.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns1.p04.nsone.net.
lrmarchantgroup.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns4.p04.nsone.net.
lrmarchantgroup.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns3.p04.nsone.net.
lrmarchantgroup.com.	3600	IN	NS	dns2.p04.nsone.net.
;; Received 137 bytes from 2a00:edc0:6259:7:4::2#53(dns2.p04.nsone.net) in 50 ms

While the name servers are configured correctly for lrmarchantgroup.co.uk, I’m seeing the Received bytes coming from dns4.p04.nsone.net, which isn’t configured. It may be that you had that name server configured and recently change it and it hasn’t propagated yet.

dig lrmarchantgroup.co.uk NS +trace | tail -n6
lrmarchantgroup.co.uk.	3600	IN	NS	dns2.p02.nsone.net.
lrmarchantgroup.co.uk.	3600	IN	NS	dns1.p02.nsone.net.
lrmarchantgroup.co.uk.	3600	IN	NS	dns3.p02.nsone.net.
lrmarchantgroup.co.uk.	3600	IN	NS	dns4.p02.nsone.net.
;; Received 139 bytes from 198.51.45.68#53(dns4.p04.nsone.net) in 37 ms

This Support Guide explains propagatation:

Hi Melvin,

Thanks so much for looking in to this for me, it has just started working in the last 10 minutes or so, though I have noticed the ‘Awaiting External DNS’ notifications move around the various entries, and was confused why my email set up would work while the website wouldn’t, but it does seem like it was just not fully propagated and I was impatient! Though all is working I am still seeing ‘Awaiting External DNS’ notifications, but that may again be my impatience!

Thanks,
Lucinda