Problem with netlify google search console verification

Hi, I created a personal webpage using Netlify but when I search in google the name of the webpage, it does not appear. My netlify site name is https://alejandro-casado-manzano.netlify.app/

I have read that I need to verify the website with the google search console. I have tried many of the options given in the “Verify your site ownership” google help (Verify your site ownership - Search Console Help). First, I don´t know how to upload the needed files in the webpage. Second, I enter in the site settings, domain management, custom domain but “Check DNS configuration” does not appear. Third, I enter in my team, domains and there is no domain to be selected.

Could you help me with this please?

Thank you so much in advance

Hi @alecasad

As you a attempting to verify a subdomain (it is not possibly for you to verify netlify.app) you might find this helpful:

You would add any verification file to a deploy or redeploy.

This is only if you are using a custom domain

Thank you for your help.

But I am trying to link my account to Google Analytics and I could not do it. I registered to Google Analytics with the same email account and I created the property. When I try to go for the following steps, the tracking info does not appear in my property. So, I am not able to verify my website yet. If any of you have other suggestions or know any step by step tutorial I can follow to achieve my goal it would be amazing. Thanks again

Have you tried looking through the Google Analytics Help?

I am now having the same issue:

How do I add a verification file to deploy or redeploy? I don’t know what you mean by this. I go into the “Deploys” section, and can find no way to add a verification file. I don’t know how to upload google’s verification file to my site.

I am following google’s instructions, which requires me to upload their file to my site:
[Verify your site ownership - Search Console Help]

Thank you.

@Presence, the build process for your site needs to put the file in the publish directory in the build system before the build completes. How that is done varies from framework to framework. You didn’t tell us which site this was about or what framework you are using so we cannot tell you specifically how to do this because we don’t know enough about your site build to answer.

What site is about? What framework do you use to build your site?

Hi Luke, thanks for your reply.

My site is: theteacherofpresence.com

I didn’t use any framework to build it, just plain old HTML, CSS and JS.

Thank you.

Issue resolved. :+1:

Google Search Console has other methods to verify a site, including adding their meta tag to index.html.