Problem Adding Custom Domain - Another site is already using

Please ignore. Now it is working again after readding domain in control panel.

I have the same problem with my domain: kennycode.com I’ve added TXT record with the ticket number I’ve received. Can you please look into this?

hi there, we have freed up the domain for your use!

Thanks, Perry! You guys are awesome! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I have the same problem with the domain: cartify.dev. Could you please look into this?

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I have added the TXT record, please verify and help me to free the domain I have posted above. Thank you!

Thanks for the follow-up. You should be able to use the domain now.

1 Like

Hello! I am having the same problem. I created my own ticket, 71233. Site name is stm-live, domain skinnytiemedia.com. My verification TXT record is in place… could someone help me get ownership of the domain? Our site has gone down in the meantime and we need ownership to get it back up. Thank you in advance!

Hey there, @Nina :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! I am unable to view your txt records and receive the following error: skinnytiemedia.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Can you please try adding the txt record again?

Hi Hillary, thanks for getting back to me! Melvin actually took care of it for me. I’ve since pointed my name servers to Netlify, which is why the TXT record no longer shows.

I’m all good - thank you!

Glad to hear!! Happy building :netliconfetti:

I am facing the same issue.
Domain: khalilganiga.com

added txt record. please verify my ownership

Hey there, @kganiga :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! We are having some difficulty locating this domain. Can you confirm if there are any typos? Additionally, can you confirm that DNS is set up?

Hi, Team
I am facing the same issue for a sub-domain
Domain: (beingchef.com)

Due to the error, we are unable to redirect any subdomain associated with the mentioned domain.

Have added txt record. Please verify the ownership at the earliest.

Hi, Team

Kindly check and update at the earliest please. Netlify Support Case (108085)

I am facing the same issue for a sub-domain
Domain: (beingchef.com)

Due to the error, we are unable to redirect any subdomain associated with the mentioned domain.

Have added txt record. Please verify the ownership at the earliest.

:wave: @royup ,

We’ve freed up the domain so you should be able to add it to your site now. Let us know if that’s not the case!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for helping out!

1 Like

Hey, I have the same issue with andrei.fyi.
I added a TXT record with a link to my profile and my case number (108401).
Thank you for the help!

Hi @3rd,

That has been handled in the helpdesk.

1 Like