Problem Adding Custom Domain - Another site is already using

Site Name:

Custom Domain:
www.performantweb.dev

I have never had this domain with Netlify, as far as I can recall.

I click “Domain Settings” > “Add custom domain” > Enter domain and click “Verify”

“performantweb.dev is already registered. If you registered this domain name through a different registrar, select Add domain to begin delegating it to Netlify.”

click “Add domain”

“Another site is already using this domain”

“Domains must be unique across Netlify. Currently another site is using this domain. If you don’t know which site, please contact support”

I don’t know which site is setup with this domain, please advise how I can find out

Thanks

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I have set up the TXT record to verify domain ownership. Please let me know if anything else is required.

Thanks.

I’m facing the same issue, please help!

hi mike, we have freed up the domain you told us about, and verified your ownership. you should be able to use it now.

hi ayush, you posted another topic as well, but have not yet told us which domain this is regarding. do let us know, so we can check your txt record and free it up.

Great thanks for the help I’ve gotten it setup and working properly now

1 Like

Sorry, my domain is “ayush.codes”

hi there ayush, we have verified your ownership and made the domain available to be re-assigned. you should be able to use it now.

i have the same issue vivek.ga is already registered. If you registered this domain name through a different registrar, select Add domain to begin delegating it to Netlify.

my domain is “vivek.ga”

hi there, have you made an ownership verification guide the way it is described here?

Hello I am having the same issue for the domain kifaharicare.com

It is telling me that the custom name is being used elsewhere and there is no other place

Hey there, this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

Hello I have just verified the domain using the TXT records on GoDaddy

hi there @amoyajenny ,

We verified your ownership and that domain is now free for you to use :+1:

Hi perry, I have the same issue for the domain lihuabing.site, and have set up the TXT record, please help me! Thanks!

Hey @LI-Huabing,

The domain has been removed from the other site.

Hi Hrishikesh, I’m having the same issue for domain uribedav.com. I get the message - uribedav.com is already registered. If you registered this domain name through a different registrar, select Add domain to begin delegating it to Netlify.

Hey there, @dave1 :wave: welcome to the Netlify Forums.

this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

I’m facing the same problem. tusharhasan.com is already registered. If you registered this domain name through a different registrar, select Add domain to begin delegating it to Netlify.

Please solve this issue.