Can't add Custom Domain to My Site

“Another site is already using this domain” error trying to set custom domain “www.ravijain.tech” on site “ravij”

@gregraven The link you’ve provided is the link to this post only.

@gregraven That is not the problem I’m facing. I am able to deploy my app successfully.
I just bought the domain “ravijain.tech”, and am unable to set that as the domain for my website “ravij.netlify.app”.

@ravij I’m having a bad day, I guess.

@gregraven Happens to all of us :slight_smile: . This seems to be the correct solution. But, I have purchased my domain from domain.com, and it is not letting me delete the existing nameservers.

Yep, it’s true! This domain is already in use by a site at Netlify.

If you have access to the Netlify account where this domain is already being used, please delete the other site or DNS zone configuration there first. This will allow the domain to be added to the new account/site.

If you don’t have access to the other site or team settings, we’ll need you to verify ownership or control of the domain. To do this, please create the following domain name system (DNS) record:

netlify 3600 IN TXT "NETLIFY COMMUNITY 17393"

This is the text format for a DNS record. Most people enter their DNS records into a web UI these days (instead of manually editing a text file). If you are using a web UI, below are key/value pairs to help create this DNS record:

Key = Value
Name/Host/Subdomain = netlify
TTL/“Time to Live” = 3600
Type = TXT
Value = “NETLIFY COMMUNITY 17393”

Please let us know if there are any questions and/or which solution above is preferred.

1 Like

Sorry if this is a stupid question :sweat_smile:.
For TTL, the value 3600 is in seconds i.e. 1 Hour right?

Absolutely not a stupid question, don’t fret. That’s right!

Thanks! I’ve added the DNS record.

Hey @Scott Any updates regarding the issue?

Thank you! Just removed all the traces of that config from your old account, where it was all setup by you last year. Should you create a third account, you’ll have the same problem if you try to set up the site in two accounts at once again, so…please don’t do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for help! :slight_smile:
The other account is not owned by me. As I mentioned before, I just bought the domain, couple of days ago. But still, I’ll make sure that I don’t make this mistake in the future.

1 Like

Hi, I wonder if your issue was resolved with the proposed solution.I’m facing a similar problem. regards