Please update my NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6

Hello,

I have moved my domain (performontop.com) from the old deployed branch to a completely new. It all works fine, but the automatically generated NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 DNS records are still pointing at the old Netlify build. Could you please help me update it? Or maybe it will update automatically soon?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Oleksii

hi @oshevtsov, this is what i am seeing:

is this the old build, or the new one?

Hi @perry,

This is the new build (internal build name is pot-website-new.netlify.app). However, NETLIFY and NETLIFYv6 records still point at the old one, i.e affectionate-shaw-59f61b.netlify.com. Is it possible to fix them?

Thank you!

Hi, @oshevtsov, the NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 type DNS records won’t update but the correct site is being shown when people visit that domain name.

The site name shown in the UI is cosmetic and does not control which site is shown. There are no public DNS records with the incorrect site name. The NETLIFY/NETLIFYv6 records are internal only alias records.

If it is important to update the subdomain shown for those records in the app.netlify.com web UI, I can do so with a manual process.

​Please let us know if we we should manually update those records.

1 Like

Hi @luke, thank you for coming back to me. Indeed, I can see it working, it just seemed weird to see a reference to the old build. As you say, it is not essential for it to work. However, if it is not too much work on your end, I would kindly ask you to change these records to alias the new build instead, just for it to be consistent. I am not planning to switch builds any time soon. This time it happened because we rewrote everything from scratch using a different tools stack.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Hi, @oshevtsov, those records have been updated in the UI to reflect the correct site now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @luke, thank you, I really appreciate that. Have a great day! :slight_smile: