No Netlify Form Confirmation

Hi everyone,

I’m new to webdev, and I’ve been trying to get my website’s form to show the default Netify confirmation when something is submitted. The info shows in verified forms, and I even get an email…but nothing happens on the page itself.

I have tried to troubleshoot it myself using the documentation and the forums, but I feel something is flying over my head.

My netlify instance name is: http://practical-panini-e0deae.netlify.com. And here is the relevant code:

Thank you for reading.

Hello, @mozbar, and welcome to our Netlify community site.

Our documentation on Forms success messages says this:

Success messages

By default, when visitors complete a form, they will see a generically styled success message with a link back to the form page. You can replace the default success message with a custom page you create by adding an action attribute to the <form> tag, entering the path of your custom page (like "/pages/success" ) as the value. The path must be relative to the site root, starting with a / .

In the code in the screenshot, I don’t see an action attribute. Would you please test adding an action attribute?

If this doesn’t resolve the issue please let us know.

Hi Luke,

I’ve tried two things:

1. Adding action=“POST”
  2. Adding action=“POST” and removing method=“POST”

No success with both attempts.

I don’t want to use a custom thank you page.

@mozbar, first I must apologize as I completely misread your post. I thought (quite incorrectly) that you wanted a custom success page. You didn’t say that. You are quite clear you are trying to reach the default page and, to be honest, I’m confused how I could have possibly misunderstood. :open_mouth:

Moving on to an actual answer. :slight_smile:

I tested a form submission for that site and I also didn’t see the default success page. Instead, I saw the same page without any change. However, in the network tab of browser dev console, I do see that Netlify is responding with the HTML for the default success page.

Next, I tested in a browser with javascript disabled. In this test the default success page was also sent with a 200 but this time it displayed normally. (I used Firefox and NoScript for this test.)

So, to summarize, the site’s javascript itself is preventing the success page from being displayed. I hope this helps to track down a solution and if there are other questions about this, please let us know.

Ah!

I understand now! I’ll check my javascript and figure it out from there.

Thank you Luke, and have a great week!