Netlify not working. Again

All sites are down. Your status page shows all is well.

Please guys, I’d rather have some permanent solution than long winded discussions [Incident] Netlify service outages affecting ability to depend on Netlify - please comment here

If I’m not wrong, it comes down to this:

Again happening right now.

And happening again right now.

Here’s another person asking the same: Why is netlify down so often the last days?

Hi @zehawki

There were 2 incidents that affected our Standard Edge Network as you can see our StatusPage:

This is not the service level we aim to provide. This has been a challenging time for our reliability, and we are actively and holistically working to improve stability of our entire platform with several teams of senior staff focusing on this right now.

I’m sorry for the issues this is causing on your end.

2 Likes

Thank you @gualter. Netlify gives us fantastic value, and I do hope you are able to solve these intermittent issues.

This kind of continuous issues are making Netlify unviable.

Also experiencing issues, all 3 Netlify sites of mine are returning ‘Connection Refused’ for most assets and have extremely long (10s+) load times on the few that return 200’s

It’s never good to vent frustrations during a downtime, but those days are very hard for Netlify users who promised their client the utmost stability of a static/jamstack site. It also always takes a good 5 to 10 minutes for the status page to reflect current incident (when it does, it’s still green as of now, while our site monitors have been reporting down/up for the last 30 minutes).

It’s great that @gualter is admitting the systemic problem and reassuring us on Netlify trying to correct this (not so) recent shortcoming but I think it’s time for a more open communication from the company to give its users some timeline to “back to stable”.

Netlify plethora of features are great and well appreciated, but these days we’re reluctant to become too dependant on them.

I am worried.

1 Like

Agreed. As a community we’ve pointed this out multiple times - that status doesnt reflect reality. Though Netlify quotes some technical stuff (which is prolly true, but doesnt help us) about why its a partial downtime etc.

Yes I’d trade in features for stability anytime. In fact, the recent price changes and quota increase etc can also be rolled back if there’s more stability.

All my sites are down, even Support is down.

Hi folks, thanks for all of the feedback and concerns here. We have a dedicated team investigating the current issue, and as Gualter mentioned, this is not the level of service we aim to provide. As always, please follow along on our status page for updates: https://www.netlifystatus.com/

I will share all of your comments here with leaders in our Engineering organization so that they are directly aware of your concerns.

Backend functionality currently broken on my sveltekit app. If I look at the render function logs I see this:

Aug 31, 03:42:10 PM: 2022-08-31T20:42:10.460Z	undefined	ERROR	Uncaught Exception 	{"errorType":"Error","errorMessage":"No \"exports\" main defined in /var/task/node_modules/devalue/package.json","code":"ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED","stack":["Error [ERR_PACKAGE_PATH_NOT_EXPORTED]: No \"exports\" main defined in /var/task/node_modules/devalue/package.json","    at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:372:5)","    at throwExportsNotFound (node:internal/modules/esm/resolve:472:9)","    at packageExportsResolve (node:internal/modules/esm/resolve:693:7)","    at resolveExports (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:482:36)","    at Function.Module._findPath (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:522:31)","    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:919:27)","    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:778:27)","    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19)","    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18)","    at Object.<anonymous> (/var/task/.netlify/server/index.js:50:22)"]}

The site builds fine and the prerendered pages load fine… The dynamic pages are broken… Is this part of the same outage or is this a different problem?

@hillary, @gualter Websites are down on desktop device works on android on incognito but not on mac/windows

https://optimistic-joliot-813673.netlify.app/ → this works fine
But www.whatnextt.com main domain is down on desktop all browsers chrome,safari,etc
get ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED
I saw dns setup looks fine not sure what happened in past 2 hours please check.

Hey there, @jaimahajan :wave:

I can load both of those sites. This is what I can see:

Can you please share a reproduction of the issue you are encountering on your end?

@Jovian :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! If you are still encountering obstacles, this may be unrelated to the incident our team just resolved. If you are still having difficulties, can you please open a new thread with:

• A link to your site
  • your full deploy log
  • your project repo

Thanks!

done please check Netlify sites down giving ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I found this on the sveltekit github: devalue cause crash on Netlify after update · Issue #6462 · sveltejs/kit · GitHub

Looks like there was some dependency update that was crashing. I reverted a few versions and it seems to be working again.

Lot’s happening over in the sveltekit world :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing that, @Jovian! I have shared that with my team as well so that they can be on the lookout.