Daily outages with Next.js & Netlify

I track uptime with Pingdom for two Next.js sites hosted on Netlify and one static HTML site. In the last month I have been seeing outages on a daily bases with the Next.js sites, often times multiple outages a day. The static site is fine…We’ve not touched or deployed anything on these sites in over three months, so I can’t imagine it’s anything on our end.

Upon receiving the outage alert, I visit the Netlify status page and see that “Everything is ok”, yet when I scroll down I see that you are having daily issues with the network.

In the last 7 days, one Next.js site has had 14 outages, totalling 22 minutes. Again, unacceptable. If this doesn’t improve soon we are going to look into moving off of Netlify.

Hello @jcobb ,

Our Director of Infrastructure has posted an update on our recent stability issues. The post contains details of what has been happening as well as information on the steps we’re taking to mitigate the situation. You can read the post here:

I hope this helps answer some of the questions and concerns around what’s been happening at Netlify lately and thank you again for bearing with us.

Ill just add this.