Netlify answers slowly on static file access (after deploy?)

A post was split to a new topic: Slow load time for Gatsby site

Hi Luke,

Any update on this ? I’m facing the same issue right after deploys across multiple sites. Some are React apps, created with CRA others are Gatsby site.

Hi, @florian-zsa, there is an open issue for uncompressed content often having a slow TTFB but all modern browsers request the compress version so this shouldn’t apply for that traffic.

We’ll need more information to see if this is the same issue which is affecting your site or. Would you be willing to send us a HAR file capture of the issue occurring?

If this isn’t possible, would you please send us the x-nf-request-id header for a HTTP response which was slow?

There more information about this header here:

If that header isn’t available for any reason, please send the information it replaces (or as many of these details as possible). Those details are:

• the complete URL requested
  • the IP address for the system making the request
  • the IP address for the CDN node that responded
  • the day of the request
  • the time of the request
  • the timezone the time is in

Obviously, if you send us the HAR file, all the other details above will be included automatically.

If there are any other questions, please include them at any time as well.

I’m seeing this issue with an SVG: f27819f9-a8d7-4a93-8ce2-de2b24eba2ce-5125898

Hi, @markdrzy, and welcome to our Netlify community site. I am seeing a slow load for that asset as well for that x-nf-request-id.

I’m seeing 23 responses longer than 1 second in the last seven days for that asset. The remaining 46 responses for the same URL are all 200 ms or faster.

We’ve added this information to the troubleshooting of this issue and we’ll have another update here if/when the issue is known to be resolved.

Hello, is this issue in this thread only related to TTFB? Or also to content download times?

I am seeing very high content download times for my JavaScript files (mostly production react builds)

A few examples:

8.34 seconds to transfer 1.2mb:
128ca699-6a45-4b0b-b1f1-ed101d3e9aa6-3648950

4.56 seconds to transfer 780kb:
128ca699-6a45-4b0b-b1f1-ed101d3e9aa6-3646453

2.75 seconds to transfer 380kb:
a2c43b2c-da32-42aa-a19b-c320b0b9aff1-2528346

TTFB is usually OK, between 200-300ms (not great). But I can’t really understand the transfer times being this high, as I’m loading other sites much more quickly. I’ve also tried on as many networks as I have access to with the same results. Is my problem related, or is this a different issue?

1 Like

I am experiencing a similar issue. I have a local .json file, which I am accessing with fetch and using it to display some information. Problem is TTFB is >6 seconds but curiously this only happens on my custom domain name, while on the netlify generated url it is almost instant as it should be.

I’m not sure if it’s only on my end but you can try both https://jadezak.com/ghibli/ and https://kind-varahamihira-9ad643.netlify.com/ghibli/ and see how long it takes to populate the page with information.

Some information,
id from the custom domain, TTFB 6.44s
x-nf-request-id: 7eae9f6f-c441-4fda-b699-d5a23cb4fd74-31603873

id from the netlify domain, TTFB 9.52ms
x-nf-request-id: 7eae9f6f-c441-4fda-b699-d5a23cb4fd74-31614388

:man_shrugging:

Edit: seems to have resolved itself this morning.

Hi everyone, we have some great news :tada:

We have tested & rolled out a fix for these issues.

More information here:

Please feel free to discuss on that thread, I will close this one (and others) so to contain the conversation a bit more. Thank you all for your patience :pray: