My page is deployed on Netlify, but selecting another page gets Page not found

Hi, I have a couple pages deployed with Netlify and have never ran into this issue.

Currently the site is deployed and active. This site loads with the Home page active. When I got to the Navbar to select one of the other pages I get a page not found error. Running everything on Local Host provides no issues. The Navbar is from bootshrap however links at the bottom of the page have the same issue. Any link that take you away from the page does work as well. The links with issues are those that you remain on the webpage just going to a different section.

Hi @JMajane :wave:t6: welcome to the forums! We’re glad you are here. :netliconfetti:

Sorry to hear your deploy isn’t cooperating as intended. Have you given this article a read?

It is a compilation of all of our build and deploy resources. This is a good starting point.

If those resources don’t get you on the right track, can you share a bit more information about what you are trying to accomplish?

Lastly, please share these additional details so we can look into your experience further:

• the name of your build instance: “example-jones.netlify.com 1”
  • your project repo
  • a full copy of your latest deploy log
  • what you have already tried
  • any error messages you have received in your terminal window or in the developer console

Thanks so much!

Hi @SamO. Thank you for responding.

I do apologize as I tried to give more information when making this post. I had already viewed all of the articles you had listed and they did not help in this situation.

What was happening is the build would complete and the main/home page would load. When you try to use the Nav bar to bring you to one of the other pages you would get the 404 error saying “page not found”.

I found out with using react and local host using a “/comments” for the page works completely fine. However, when deploying to netlify it does not read it like your local host.

I was able to fix this issue by adding a _redirects file with " /* /index.html 200 ". Now I am able to switch to the other pages on the website.

1 Like

Hi @JMajane :wave:t6: , welcome back to the forums! No worries (: I appreciate you coming back to the forum and letting us know what worked to resolve your error.