Main Domain Transferred to Netlify DNS

Hello,

We have our subdomain setup with Netlify DNS (app.bettoredge.com). We also want to have our main domain’s (BettorEdge.com) DNS settings via Netlify. We don’t have the Netlify DNS banner next to our domain, but do have it next to the subdomain. The BettorEdge.com domain links out to a Wix site.

Currently, we can adjust our DNS settings within Netlify for the bettoredge.com domain. Wix doesn’t manage the DNS and states “Connected by Pointing” when looking at the Wix settings.

Any help on how we can get it configured properly so that we can have Netlify recognized as the DNS settings location for adjustment would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey @greg11

bettoredge.com is still showing it is in Wix DNS. If you wish to use Netlify DNS you will need to remove the *.wixdns.net entries.

bettoredge.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns12.wixdns.net.
bettoredge.com.		3600	IN	NS	ns13.wixdns.net.
bettoredge.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns1.p04.nsone.net.
bettoredge.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns2.p04.nsone.net.
bettoredge.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns3.p04.nsone.net.
bettoredge.com.		3600	IN	NS	dns4.p04.nsone.net.

Thanks Cole. That’s very helpful. If I remove those, will it cause any downtime to people visiting BettorEdge.com?

I believe it shouldn’t as I have these records populated for pointing that should account for it. Connecting a Domain to Wix Using the Pointing Method | Help Center | Wix.com

Appreciate the assistance.

As long as everything is configured in Netlify DNS first, you should see no downtime. For reference

1 Like

Hey Coel,

I’ve waited to ensure propagation has occurred fully. Upon digging further, I believe I have an inactive DNS zone.

I want to have Netlify manage my DNS settings, so don’t think deleting the zone is appropriate. I also double checked Godaddy Name servers were correctly pointing to the name servers given to me via Netlify.

I’d be curious if you’d have a suggested path forward with a goal to ensure no downtime for our subdomain being managed by Netlify DNS settings.

Thanks!

Hi, @greg11. I do show you using Netlify DNS. However, neither bettoredge.com or www.bettoredge.com is configure to point to Netlify’s hosting.

Our support team can troubleshoot your DNS records not working or answer questions about how to make a specific DNS record. What our support team cannot do is to tell you what required DNS records are for third-party services. (We can tell you what required DNS records are for Netlify but with Netlify DNS the creation of all such record is automatic.)

To summarize, I do see this domain using Netlify DNS and I do see its DNS records resolving. If you have questions about making a specific record or about some record not working, please let us know what that record is.

If there are other questions about this, we’ll do our best to answer.

I’m curious what you are hosting on Netlify @greg11 as bettoredge.com and www.bettoredge.com seem like they are pointing to Wix, not Netlify.

Hey Coel,

We have a subdomain, app.bettoredge.com at Netlify.

Thanks Luke - that makes sense.

Greg