Is Netlify blocking requests from our IP?

The issue:
When browsing to any Netlify-hosted sites(including the netlify.com homepage) from our corporate network, nothing loads. It’s just white screen and loading forever – like it’s blocked by a firewall.
It’s been like this since last week.

So my first thought was of course: Our IT admins must have blocked Netlify for some reason. I’ll just ask them to unblock.

But they claim they haven’t. They say Netlify is blocking the request coming from out IP-address.

Could they be right?
Does Netlify sometimes block incoming requests from certain IP adresses?

Or do I need to ask our IT guys to look again … ?

To get help from the support team quicker, change the category tag from SUPPORT to ADMIN

Hi, @jakobloekke. It is possible that we have blocked specific IP addresses if they were part of a denial of service attack. However, that doesn’t seem likely for your office IP addresses.

I can check to see if you have a specific IP address you believe is blocked. Would you please send us an IP address (or a list if there are several) which you believe might be blocked?

You can post that information publicly or you can private message (PM) that to one of our support staff. I’ve confirmed that PMs are enabled for your community login. Please keep in mind that only one person can see the PM and this will likely mean a slower reply than posting the information publicly. Please feel free to reply to however you prefer though.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the reply!
I’ve sent a PM to you with the IP.

/Jakob

Hi, @jakobloekke. Yes, this IP address (the one from the private message) was blocked and that block is now removed. If you want to discuss the details about this block please reply here anytime and I’ll create a private support ticket to discuss this issue privately.

Hi Luke,

Thanks a lot! It works again. :slight_smile:
I would like to know the details, please.

/Jakob

Hi, jakobloekke. We have sent you an email to the email address associated with your Netlify account, and we’ll communicate with you through that email to continue discussing this issue. (Please note that for security reasons, we will not contact you at email addresses not listed in your Netlify account.)

Also, please let us know with a reply here if you don’t receive a message from us.

I have the same, an IP address seems to be blocked by Netlify.
How can I securely send you this IP address?

Hi welcome to the forums! I just sent your query to their helpdesk.

I’m having the same issue. We seem to be blocked trying to access a number of domains from our HQ. Please could you investigate

I’m not sure what has changed but we are now able to access Netlify sites. I had been in corresspondance with my ISP so they might have changed something, although they said they didn’t

What happens if you try from a different network? Many people who report blocks, just have misconfigured networks at their home or business and the site works from everywhere else.

If that works, to debug further, you’d have to tell us what IP you are connecting from that might be blocked, and describe in more detail what you see when you are blocked, at what URL(s).

If that doesn’t work, it’s likely that you have your site(s)’ DNS misconfigured or something else. Details I requested would be helpful in understanding that second type of failure.