Indian subscriptions declined - new RBI rule

Hello,
As you’ll must have heard of the new RBI rules here in India - starting Oct 1, 2021, all recurring charges from India will get declined. See India's stringent recurring payments rule goes into effect

Strips has an update on this (not sure if you’ll are using Stripe):
https://support.stripe.com/questions/important-updates-to-rbi-regulations-on-recurring-card-payments-in-india

You might already been seeing declined payments from India.

Our cc has been declined yesterday and updating the cc details is not working. We need to run the card manually which requires additional factor authentication for recurring transactions. Do let me know how I can make the payment in line with the new rules. Currently, I believe there is only an option to update the cc details and then the charge gets run after a day or so - this is not going to work!

Any help is appreciated. Obviously, don’t want my account de-activated!

1 Like

Hi @logicman,

Thank you for posting this. We’re aware of the issue and are trying to figure out what the best solution going forward would be.

Meanwhile is there some other card or a virtual card that you could use to pay?

Hey, Sahil! Looks like the card payment in fact went through. I wonder – did you make any changes or were you asked to make any changes for this to be successful?

Hi Hrishikesh,

We tried with the different cards, but none of them is working. Do you have any suggestions on which all cards/virtual cards from India work with your platform? Or is there any option we can make use of to make the manual payment?

We also don’t want our live accounts to get de-activated! So please let us know a solution for the same.

Thanks for your support,

No card from India will work for the time being. When I said virtual card, I meant using some other country’s card if possible.

That’s the option currently being added to the UI.

They won’t. If you’ve already added an Indian card to your account, your account is safe till the time we add this option. If you’ve not added a card before and if you’re seeing your account is overdue, let us know and we’d take care of it.

2 Likes

Hi @hrishikesh Do we have an update on this issue. I would like to upgrade to pro account and it shows transaction declined.

Regards
Amal

Hey there, @WizmobiTech :wave:

Thanks for reaching out! I have opened a helpdesk ticket for you and we will respond there! If you do not receive an email from us, please let me know.

Best,
Hillary

I got multiple emails from Netlify to update my cc. Which I have done today. Just checking in to see if this issue has been resolved and our credits cards will work now.

Thanks.

Hey there @logicman ! Thanks for writing in. We are still striving for a solution on charging credit cards in India, but we still are sponsoring the accounts for members there. If you are receiving request for payment, perhaps a setting on your account got misconfigured in our backend and it is wrongly attempting to charge you. You can reach out to our helpdesk so we can easily grab your account details and restore that status. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @charlottechhum , I am based out of India. I too am receiving emails with subject - “Action required: provide a valid credit card for **** team”, with warning that account will get suspended soon.

I have update the CC today, but am still seeing the warning message on dashboard. Can you please help with this (changing the setting mentioned in above thread for my account as well). I have already started a support thread on zendesk.

Thanks

Hiya, welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out! I see your query is in our helpdesk. We will be able to help you from there. Thanks for chiming in!