I'm migrating a site but I can't

paperhood.in or one of its subdomains is already managed by Netlify DNS on another team. I get this error when I’m adding this domain to my netlify account. This project was under development and the agency were using my domain for testing but now I want to shift it to another account. Please Help!

hi @animesh2807 :wave:t6: ,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Netlify’s Support Forums!

This is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know the domain you’re trying to use and on which site you’re trying to use the domain. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I don’t have access to the previous account. I’ve added the following record in my hosting

Type: TXT
Name: verified-for-netlify
Value: I'm migrating a site but I can't

Domain: paperhood.in

Please remove the existing records so that I can proceed with deployment

The domain will be used for the following site: paperhood-production.netlify.app

Hi @animesh2807 :wave:t6: thanks for confirming. I’ve removed these records for you. You should be able to add your domain to your team. (:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for such good support :heart:

1 Like