I want refund Domain that is Auto-Renewaled

Hi Netlify,

This morning, I had the unpleasant surprise to see that money has been taken out of my account for the renewal of a domain name. No prior warning or email reminder…

Most companies are sending reminder emails days/weeks prior an automatic renewal, wondering if you could do something a refund for this case as I do not need the domain.

Hi, @okhan. We did send a reminder email on March 23rd and your email service confirmed the delivery was successful. We did remind you of the renewal before it occurred to give you time to cancel. However, you did not cancel the renewal until today which is after the renewal had already been completed.

Because you did not cancel before it renewed, we do require a payment for the renewal. If there are other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks luke
Is there a way to refund that domain?

@okhan It cannot be refunded, as per what Luke has said here:

Because you did not cancel before it renewed, we do require a payment for the renewal.

The domain has been renewed, and payment is required, it can’t be “un-renewed”.

To ensure it doesn’t happen again, you should ensure that any automatic renewal is turned off on any domains that you no longer require.

Ok Thanks @nathanmartin