HTTPS for CNAME on subdomain

Hi,

We want to have our subdomain help.neatro.io to redirect on our intercom help center.

I’ve added a CNAME record from help.neatro.io to custom.intercom.help and I’ve enabled HTTPS in intercom.

Unfortunately, when I go to https://help.neatro.io/ it says the site is not secure.

What do I need to do?

@benjamincotrel It is not possible for Netlify’s Let’s Encrypt to issue an SSL certificate for another server. It can issue certificates only for sites hosted on Netlify. You’ll have to contact intercom.help to see if they offer a way of issuing an SSL certificate.

We have the same issue. Our experience with the Netlify DNS is good and we like to keep using it. This might be a reason to switch - we can’t have our help centre appear insecure.

@gregraven Perhaps there is still a way to solve this issue. Would it be possible to do the same as Cloudflare?

Hi @OlafSoon,

No, there’s no way to do this and this won’t be supported. This is not something that Netlify can control or is trying to solve. Cloudflare acts as a middle-layer between your client’s browser and server - Netlify doesn’t.