How many members do we need?

We have 1 site admin and 4 users who trigger branch deploys via bash, without ever logging into Netlify.

Do we (legally) need to buy Netlify licenses for 1 member or for 5 members?

Hi, @wilhelmer, the answer is “no”. If other people commit to the git repository (repo) and this triggers a build at Netlify this will work as long.

The only requirements are that the person that linked the repo to the Netlify site must have the proper permissions at both the git host (Bitbucket, GitLab, GitHub) and at Netlify.

Builds triggered in this way do not violate our terms of service. The other people committing to the repo are not required by Netlify to have accounts with our service. Their commits will still trigger builds at Netlify and that is both intentional and allowed.

​Please let us know if there are other questions about this.

Excellent, thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

Hi @luke did this service change over time?
When reading this thread I get the impression that Git Contributors are ‘free’.
When i have been reading the documentation or a thread like this I got the following impression.
Example: If we are depending on a self-hosted Gitlab we need a Business Plan. When we then let 6 Developers allow triggering deployments via push in Gitlab, this would be a total of $693 per month.

Hi @holmey :wave:t6: , welcome back to the forums! That’s a great question. I moved your query to our helpdesk. Stay tuned to your email as you should have a response soon.