Going to domain with (www) not working

Going to domain with www not working properly. Bought the domain on GoDaddy and then used it on custom domain and DNS is being handled by Netlify. !

Screenshot 2020-05-16 at 12.53.05 AM|690x139

Anyone who can help me fix this please! Thanks

@Shahzaib_Ali Welcome to the Netlify community.

First, you are not (yet) using Netlify for your DNS:

shahzaibali.co. 3599 IN NS ns72.domaincontrol.com.
shahzaibali.co. 3599 IN NS ns71.domaincontrol.com.

That would be a good thing to fix first.

Once you make the correct entries there, you should have the www version of your domain as the primary, with the apex domain redirecting to it. This gives better performance with Netlify’s CDN.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I have added Netlify nameservers over to my Godaddy Domain Nameservers.

Do i have to do anything else or just for the TTL?

@Shahzaib_Ali It appears that your changes have propagated and your site is live. Congratulations.

1 Like

yes it does! but the only problem im facing at the moment is that when i try going to the domain with www. it shoes me

this

I have been looking into it but cant find any reasonable solution for this.

Thank you so much for your feedback and support. :slight_smile:

This is the second report of this I’ve seen.

Do i have to raise this issue with GoDaddy?

This looks to me to be an issue that Netlify has to address. If you’re on the free tier, you’ll just have to be patient until one of the techs picks up this thread.

Hey @Shahzaib_Ali, I’m not sure why it took so long for us to provision an SSL cert for your site, but everything looks good to me now. Is that what you’re seeing?

1 Like

Hey Jen,

I dont think it took more than 2 days, although the problem earlier i was facing was with Name Servers. Nevertheless, it works perfectly now. I’m updating my portfolio :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking your time out and reaching out for help! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like