Functions logs now available in the Netlify Drawer when using Deploy Previews

:netlisparkles: Access Functions logs in the Netlify Drawer

You may have noticed a new icon in your Netlify Drawer when using Deploy Previews.

We’ve added a Functions logs tab to collaborative Deploy Previews to help with monitoring and troubleshooting a specific deploy.

:mag: Test and troubleshoot with collaboration tools

The Netlify Drawer provides access to tools that team Owners, Collaborators, and Reviewers can use to test and troubleshoot specific site deploys.

:robot: Monitor logs

Owners and Collaborators can access the deploy log and serverless function logs in the Netlify Drawer to help with monitoring and troubleshooting a specific deploy.

To find details about the deploy, open the Deploy Logs tab of the Netlify Drawer. Visit our deploy log docs for more information.

You can access serverless function logs by opening the Function logs tab in the Netlify Drawer and selecting a function to check out its latest log contents for the current session. Visit our Function logs docs for more information.

Accessing function logs from within the drawer automatically scopes the logs to the Deploy Preview you are looking at, and applies a time range from the moment you start your page session until now (latest). You no longer need to manually filter out production logs in a given time window to pull up function logs triggered in a Deploy Preview.

Active serverless functions are listed here in Netlify Drawer Functions logs tab:

You can select a function to check out its latest log contents for the current session, all from within the Netlify Drawer:

let us know what you think by commenting below!

3 Likes

Super cool, used it today as I prepared to deploy Netlify functions into production for the first time :grimacing:

I especially appreciate the hilarious screenshot mascot. Those are the little touches that give me a lot of faith in your team… if you’re having fun doing this, you’re probably doing great work :grin::+1:t2:

Thank you for the great feature!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @danielthedifficult! I can confirm that we definitely have fun here. :netlisparkles:

Happy building!