Fauna DB integration

Hi. I’m using Fauna DB as a Partner Add-on following netlify-faunadb-todomvc tutorial. My issue is I cannot find any info about usage limits/pricing for this add-on, as well as how can I explore the database using Fauna’s web interface. Is this possible at all with the integration?

Hi there! I’m Lewis, a Product Manager with Fauna.

We are working on a smoother process for working with Netlify-created FaunaDBs.

Currently, these DBs can’t be access via FaunaDB web console. As for usage, you can check out our free tier information here: Pricing and Plans | Fauna

Let me know if you have any other questions!

1 Like

Alright, thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure how it was gonna be billed, since it’s a 3rd party integration, and Netlify seems to not mention the costs on their site (or did I miss it?). It’d be great to be able to see the add-on pricing on Netlify page, or for Fauna to show popular partner services and include the pricing. Logging into my Fauna’s console obviously doesn’t include any of the Netlify’s dbs, and I want to be able to access my databases directly. Are there any other ways I can explore my db when using Netlify, other than I’d imagine Apollo would let me? Thanks

Hi @abtx,

We don’t show the pricing because we don’t control it. When you pay for faunaDB it doesn’t go through Netlify. You are using a FaunaDB account directly so you’ll pay based on the account you have with Fauna. Thanks for the insight though. We should probably document this better to make it easier for people in your situation in the future.

I understand, no worries at all. Cheers!

Hey @abtx! I hope you enjoy this timely announcement :grinning: Announcing the FaunaDB Add-on for Netlify

@lThat’s pretty neat, thanks a lot. I’d be nice if there was a bit of magic glue that’d set up the secret for me and let me simply write my db queries, but I think Netlify’s CLI would have to provide us with some scaffolding in the first place. Anyhow, great work, thanks!

1 Like