Failed to load settings from /.netlify/identity

I’ve just added the netlify-identity-widget to a Nuxt project (i.e. Vue.js) and I’m getting the error Failed to load settings from /.netlify/identity.

I didn’t see anything in the docs about what should be in that file(/dir?), and I’m hoping I’ve just missed something!

That folder is not visible to the end user or not downloaded with your deploy. But, it’s the folder which will be accessible once you’ve enabled Identity on your website. So, you might have enabled it, but could you confirm if you’ve done so?

I’ve enabled it, and was able to login, the error appears after that.
(sorry, I should have said)

Hey there, @jezmck :wave:

It looks like this thread has been a bit quiet since you last posted. Thanks for your patience here. Are you still experiencing the same error? If so, have you taken any additional debugging steps since you last posted?

Please let us know :slight_smile:

Same problem, I haven’t done anything since (I’ve been away).

I don’t actually understand the problem, and am still thinking there’s perhaps a setup step I’ve not done.

Did you enable git gateway all the way down at the identity settings?

I had to google that.
I’ve done it, but think it’s probably all mixed up now, having done stuff in the wrong order.

Is there not a single page with a list of instructions/steps to follow?

I’d start here: Add to Your Site | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System

There are also a Nuxt guide available: Nuxt | Netlify CMS | Open-Source Content Management System

1 Like