Expected that during/after deploy you get `Internal Server Error - Request ID: ...`

Is it expected that during or after deploy our users are soetimes getting an internal server error on a white page?

Internal Server Error - Request ID: 01FZX93WCYBX4G5AY19NDJJ9BN

The reports of this via our Twitter or even support channels are getting more and more frequent, and I am not sure if that is by design during/after deployments (which we have quite a few), or if there is something bad going on that I should report.

(We have a Netlify project with pages via Next.js, and a subfolder that is rewritten to another Netlify project that runs on Gatsby - the error message is not from those projects but from Netlify infrastructure afaik)

Thanks.

Hey there, @janpio :wave:

Sorry about the delay here. Can you share a bit more information with us so that we can look into this further?

1. How frequently is this happening?
  2. What is the URL to your site? Is it happening on multiple sites?
  3. Can you share your project repo? If not, can you share you package.json, etc?

Thanks so much!

1. How frequently is this happening?

More often than 0, which makes me wonder if such behavior is expected.

1. What is the URL to your site? Is it happening on multiple sites?
  2. Can you share your project repo? If not, can you share you package.json, etc?

No and no. I really just need to know if this is expected behavior from Netlify as a platform, or if I should open a support case to look into our specific project.

Hi, @janpio. It is not expected behavior. Looking at the x-nf-request-id value of 01FZX93WCYBX4G5AY19NDJJ9BN I see this was a 500 response for an internally proxied request (a request on one site at Netlify which proxies to some other site at Netlify).

If you open a support ticket about this, we can troubleshoot further on the helpdesk. (We can troubleshoot here as well but Iā€™m guessing it will be easier to share information privately.)

1 Like

Thanks Luke, will do that. (As I do not have access to the account in question, I will refer this conversation here to a colleague who will be in touch.)

1 Like

Thanks so much for confirming, @janpio!