Escalation Request – Domain Transfer Pending Nearly Two Weeks – Ticket #1116134

Hello Netlify Support,

I am requesting escalation of Ticket #1116134 regarding the transfer of my domain, richardcravenfoundation.org, from Netlify to my verified Name.com account.

This request has now been pending for nearly two weeks without resolution. I have already completed every step requested by Netlify:

  • My Name.com account has been created and fully verified.
  • My Name.com Account Code has already been provided privately in Ticket #1116134.
  • I have posted in the Netlify Support Forum and followed up there without receiving assistance.

This domain belongs to an active 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, The Richard Craven Foundation, and the delay is preventing us from completing the migration of our website to our new provider.

I am not requesting troubleshooting or changes to the existing website. I simply need Netlify to complete the domain transfer described in your documentation and move the domain into the Name.com account identified in my existing ticket.

Please escalate Ticket #1116134 and complete the domain transfer, or let me know immediately if there is anything further required from me.

Thank you,
Anthony Craven
The Richard Craven Foundation

Hi there,

Thank you for your post. According to your ticket, there are steps in the latest reply for you to complete. Please make sure to follow the instructions there, as posting here isn’t a place where we can take action like in the support ticket itself.

Looking closely, you still need to log into name.com, update all four contacts, and enter the verification code you receive to finish verifying the contacts. This is completely separate from verification done when creating the account originally.

Once you’re done, please reply to the ticket directly so that the support team can help with transfer after. Thank you so much!

-Tania

Tania,

Thank you for the reply and instructions. I never received a verification email from name.com, but have instead switched it to a text. I have replied directly to the ticket and I am now awaiting further instructions from there. Thank you again

Ugh, two weeks for a transfer is rough — feel your pain.

One thing worth double-checking while the ticket sits: make sure the registrar lock is off on Netlify’s side and that the transfer was actually authorized there. I’ve seen transfers stall silently because one side was still showing pending authorization.

If the ticket goes quiet for a few more days, reply directly on the same ticket rather than opening a new one — it keeps everything in one queue and staff can see the full history.