ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR on multiple Netlify default subdomains

Hi Netlify Support,

I have a static HTML/CSS/JS site deployed via Netlify Drop.

The deployment is successful and shows Production: Published, but the default Netlify subdomain cannot be opened because the browser returns ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR.

I tested two separate Netlify projects:

  1. https://splendorous-mochi-2ae616.netlify.app
  2. https://resilient-liger-6c392c.netlify.app

The same error occurs:

  • on Microsoft Edge on my Windows PC
  • on my phone
  • on my phone using mobile data, not the same Wi-Fi/network

I also tested the HTTP URL, but it ends up at HTTPS and shows the same SSL error.

Netlify Status currently shows All Systems Operational.

In Domain management → HTTPS, the SSL/TLS certificate section says:
“A custom domain is required to provision a certificate.”

These are the default *.netlify.app subdomains, not custom domains.

Could you please check whether HTTPS/TLS is correctly provisioned or routed for these two netlify.app subdomains?

I am testing from Turkey.

Thank you.