Domain doesn't appear to be served by Netlify

Hi

I recently added my site " yunu-web.netlify.app" and then added a custom domain “yunu.ch” to this site. Everything works as expected, “www.yunu.ch” works, “yunu.ch” works and the SSL cert seems to be fine as well. However, under “Domain Management” in the section “SSL/TLS certificate”, I still see this error message:

I configured external DNS and first tried it with an A-Record of the APEX domain pointing to the DNS Load Balancer “75.2.60.5” and CNAME for the “www” subdomain as described here: Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs

Yesterday I moved my nameservers to Cloudflare and configured the APEX Domain via CNAME flattening, but the error message is still there. I have also tried to remove the custom domain and add it again.

Can anyone help me out here? What can I do to be sure that the certificate will be renewed correctly? I see a lot of posts about this issue in the forum, but I didn’t find something which could help me.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Kevin

Hi @kevin.brechbuehl,

I do see that the CNAME Record for www.yunu.ch is correctly pointing to yunu-web.netlify.app. However, for the bare domain, yunu.ch, I’m seeing the following results:

host yunu.ch
yunu.ch has address 44.217.161.11
yunu.ch has address 44.219.53.183
yunu.ch has IPv6 address 2600:1f18:2489:8200::c8
yunu.ch has IPv6 address 2600:1f18:2489:8202::c8
yunu.ch mail is handled by 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 10 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 10 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.

You’ll want to ensure that the A Record is pointing to 75.2.60.5 at your registrar. Additionally, we don’t support IPv6 when using our load balancer IP address and you will want to remove the IPv6 record.

Hi @Melvin

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly what I had configured before moving to Cloudflare. However I have reconfigured the bare domain in Cloudflare DNS to use CNAME flattening pointing to apex-loadbalancer.netlify.com and removed the IPv6 records. I now see that it is resolved to the following result:

host yunu.ch
yunu.ch has address 75.2.60.5
yunu.ch has address 99.83.231.61
yunu.ch mail is handled by 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 10 alt3.aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 10 alt4.aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 1 aspmx.l.google.com.
yunu.ch mail is handled by 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.

I have configured this according to Configure external DNS for a custom domain | Netlify Docs. After waiting 24h now, I still see the same error on Netlify.

Hi @kevin.brechbuehl,

Thanks for clarifying.

I do see that the site has it’s SSL certificate and is resolving properly.

That error message mentioned in your initial post, is from the last time we had trouble renewing and does not describe a current situation; everything is configured optimally now and there should be no problem renewing your certificate in the future. I’ve removed the message from your view to avoid further confusion.

Hi @Melvin

Thanks a lot for checking this and removing the error. Everything seems to be ok now.

Best regards,
Kevin