Docs scroll issue

I don’t think this is an OS related issue or even hardware. People who use other macOS versions and Ubuntu have reported the same issue above. And I use Win 8.1. Besides I don’t see this issue happening with any other website I browse. Some thing is definitely wrong with the scrolling in netlify docs site.

I don’t think this is an OS related issue or even hardware. People who use other macOS versions and Ubuntu have reported the same issue above. And I use Win 8.1. Besides I don’t see this issue happening with any other website I browse. Something is definitely wrong with the scrolling in netlify docs site. I think the only common thing I can see is that we are on older OS versions?

@akhila I’m not speculating on what or where the problem lies. I’m just providing a data point about my experience.

Thanks everyone for letting us know about this issue. We still haven’t been able to reproduce the bug, but we just made some changes that we think should help. If you could please give the docs another try and let us know if the scrolling bug is resolved or unchanged we would appreciate it!

Thanks again!

@Kristen

I have quickly checked (in Ubuntu) in

Brave - issue remains open
Google Chrome - issue remains open
Google Chrome - Guest Mode - I did not observed any scroll issue. It was working fine
Firefox - issue remains open but there is not very big scroll jump that might disturb the reader. Scrolling is too small here

Thanks for testing the changes and confirming that you’re still experiencing the issue in some browsers. I’ll open a new bug report with these details. We’ll post another update here when we have further changes to share.

For all Brave Browser users:

If you want to find a temporal workaround this issue try zooming out to at least <80%

No more scrolling issues below that apparently.

1 Like

Update from the Netlify docs team: We just made some more changes that we’re hoping will help with this docs site scroll bug. Once again, if you could please give the docs another try and let us know if the scrolling bug is resolved or unchanged we would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

1 Like

I have checked again.

Brave - issue is still present
Firefox - no issue. Scroll works fine
Chrome - normal with extension installed - issue is still present
Chrome - guest mode - no extension installed - no issue. Scroll works fine

Thanks @sohelahmed! Could you please let us know what Chrome extensions you had installed when you observed the issue was still present there? Those details might help us track down the root cause of this issue.

I would like to share privately.
Can you please give me your email address.

1 Like

Hey @sohelahmed,

Please private message me your extensions and I’ll share this internally with the team, if that’s ok!

1 Like

Hey there! My hunch would be the 11th plug-in in your list. Try disabling this! :slight_smile:

I did (Disable) that. Issue still exist

I restarted Chrome. Issue still exist

1 Like

Hey there, @sohelahmed :wave:

Thanks for your patience here. There is no quick fix at this point, so our team has filed an internal issue. We will get in touch as soon as we know more!

Best,
Hillary

Same issue: Windows 10 (OS build 19042.1165) x Google Chrome (Version 93.0.4577.63 (Official Build) (32-bit)).
I noted that when I used the link/anchor on the page, it would jump to the section and stay fixed… but as soon as I scrolled again it would pop back to the top of the menu

Hey there, @metasimian :wave:

Welcome to the Netlify Forums, and thanks for chiming in here. I have shared your scenario with our Docs team. We will follow up here if there is any movement or update!

amazing news folks, we were finally able to reproduce this bug and the wonderful @charlie just PR’d in a fix. Hoping we never see this silly bug again!