Difficulty Integrating Custom JavaScript Widget into Netlify Site

Hello everyone,

I’ve been encountering some challenges while attempting to integrate a custom JavaScript widget into my Netlify-hosted website. Here’s a breakdown of the issue:

1. Widget Functionality: I’ve developed a custom JavaScript widget that provides a specific functionality, let’s say a live chat feature or a dynamic form.
  2. Integration Attempt: I followed the instructions provided by the widget’s documentation to integrate it into my website. This involves adding the necessary script tags and initializing the widget within the HTML of my site.
  3. Expected Outcome: Ideally, after integrating the widget, I should be able to see it functioning as intended on my website, allowing users to interact with it seamlessly.
  4. Current Status: However, despite following the integration steps carefully, the widget doesn’t seem to be working as expected. It either doesn’t load at all, displays incorrectly, or behaves erratically.
  5. Troubleshooting Attempts: I’ve tried troubleshooting the issue by checking for errors in the browser console, ensuring that the script tags are properly placed, and verifying that there are no conflicts with other scripts on the page. Despite these efforts, I haven’t been able to resolve the issue.
  6. Environment: My website is hosted on Netlify, and I’m wondering if there might be specific considerations or configurations needed for integrating third-party JavaScript widgets into Netlify-hosted sites that I might be missing.
  7. Request for Assistance: I’m seeking guidance on how to effectively integrate this custom JavaScript widget into my Netlify-hosted website. Any suggestions, insights, or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help! If you need any additional information or clarification, please let me know.

Hi @joeroot, thanks for the post and welcome.
First of all based on @perry response below, the script tag should work as expected.

However have you also tried using the script injection method from the Netlify dashboard?
You can learn how to do so using the link below. Kindly try that as well to see if it works.

Let me know the outcome.
Thanks.

Thank you for your response and for providing the suggestion to try using the script injection method from the Netlify dashboard. I gave it a try, and I’m pleased to report that I have successfully resolved the issue!

By injecting the necessary JavaScript snippet via the Netlify dashboard, I was able to ensure that the widget loads and functions correctly on my website. It appears that this method helped overcome any potential issues related to script loading or execution that may have been occurring previously.

I really appreciate your assistance and guidance throughout this process. If there are any further questions or if you need additional information from me, please don’t hesitate to ask. Moreover, if you want to download capcut mod apk then visit this website https://capcutproapk.org/

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Hi @joeroot, glad to know the suggestions helped solve your problem.