Deployed netlify website using azure pipelines- page not found

So I managed to dpleo website using azure pipelines however now I get “Page not found” message when I open the app.
Not sure what is the issue? I specified “dist” folder where the index.html should be, however I deleted netlify.toml file (but I heard is not needed?)

Hi @datainvestor!

The issue is that you need the index.html to be in the root of your project. This post explains how to see what files you’ve sent us: [Support Guide] I’ve deployed my site but I still see "Page not found”

Hmm I have no idea why it is deploying it to different folder. I also added netlify.toml file but still the app is not working. It looks like it deploys more files tan before but not sure why (see attached image, its the deploy zip file i downloaded form netlify after successful deploy)

@datainvestor, are using deploying using the Netlify CLI and, if so, what is the command being used?

Also, if using Netlify CLI, would you please test appending -d dist to the end of the command and let us know if that works?

Last but not least, if this solution above (adding -d dist) does work, was it working before without this?

@luke I am deploying using CLI with azure pipelines. This is my command used to deploy:
netlify deploy --site (NETLIFY_SITE_ID) --auth (NETLIFY_AUTH_TOKEN) --dir /home/vsts/work/1/dist --prod -d dist

I tried adding -d dist however the website is still unavailable. It did not work before. Here is my log from the bash terminal:

##[debug]Agent.Version=2.163.1

##[debug]agent.tempDirectory=/home/vsts/work/_temp

##[debug]check path : /home/vsts/work/_temp

========================== Starting Command Output ===========================

##[debug]which '/bin/bash'

##[debug]found: '/bin/bash'

##[debug]/bin/bash arg: --noprofile

##[debug]/bin/bash arg: --norc

##[debug]/bin/bash arg: /home/vsts/work/_temp/013f7d1d-b7b6-4f12-9d86-af63e2251d96.sh

##[debug]exec tool: /bin/bash

##[debug]arguments:

##[debug]   --noprofile

##[debug]   --norc

##[debug]   /home/vsts/work/_temp/013f7d1d-b7b6-4f12-9d86-af63e2251d96.sh

/bin/bash --noprofile --norc /home/vsts/work/_temp/013f7d1d-b7b6-4f12-9d86-af63e2251d96.sh

Deploy path:        /home/vsts/work/1/s/dist

Configuration path: /home/vsts/work/1/s/netlify.toml

Deploying to live site URL...

- Hashing files...

✔ Finished hashing 1 files

- CDN diffing files...

✔ CDN requesting 0 files

- Uploading 0 files

✔ Finished uploading 0 assets

- Waiting for deploy to go live...

##[debug]STDIO streams have closed for tool '/bin/bash'

##[debug]task result: Succeeded

##[debug]Processed: ##vso[task.complete result=Succeeded;done=true;]

Finishing: Bash

Actually now the only file that is in the deploy folder on netlify is netlify.toml file nothing else.

That means you didn’t send us anything except netlify.toml. We can’t tell what is happening over at azure, but perhaps putting some listing of the directory you’ll deploy into the deploy script will show what is happening there so you can debug?