Page Not Found (Not Tech Savvy, Help Plz)

As mentioned, not the most code or html savvy. But I know I’m doing something wrong for a task so simple.

I uploaded a index html file into GitHub, went to Netlify accessed the repository, deployed the site. It went “LIVE”. I clicked the link and says page cant be found.

Now I’m like 90% sure it has something to do with the Publish DIrectory, Base Command, Base Directory etc. As they were left blank. Don’t even know what those mean.

But what should I do to make sure I get it right everytime I deploy? I’ve read some of the other threads here regarding my question, still not getting it tho.

Thanks in advance: ( admiring-liskov-fff3f5.netlify.app

• we need to know your netlify site name. Example: gifted-antelope-58b104.netlify.app

Hi there,

Did you see this guide yet? This is the best place to start for “Page Not Found” issues.

If you are still seeing issues after following the troubleshooting steps in this guide, please let us know!

Yeah, but I don’t even know where to find that.html or where to add it to.

Hi, @dietrichpowr. There is no site named admiring-liskov-fff3f5. Did you delete it?

Did you download the deploy as suggested in the support guide? If so, unzip the deploy to find the index.html file.

For example, if you unzip the deploy and see the file as

./path/to/index.html

Then the URL for the site would be:

https://<insert-site-subdomain>.netlify.app/path/to/

@dietrichpowr,

your site was deleted as it was found to be in violation of our Terms of Service, as was your other site. We don’t intend to host that kind of content and your account was disabled.