If you are having problems when hitting the “Deploy to Netlify” button you may see around, here are some tips to get you started on debugging. That said, it can be a bit tricky for us debug exactly what is happening. Sometimes, it’s a transient error or it’s related to browser plugins you have installed.
Generally speaking, what that page is trying to do when you activate the button is this:
- create a repo on GitHub for you
- copy the content of the repo with the button in it, to that new repo
- deploy a site from it, using the settings specified in
The failure usually comes somewhere between steps 1 or 2 (or else, you would have gotten an error on a different page - not the one you are on.)
So, some questions:
- do you have a GitHub account already? If so, were you signed into it when you clicked the deploy to Netlify button?
- If not, were you able to create a new GitHub account as part of the Deploy to Netlify prompts?
GitHub enforces some rate-limiting on their side too, so sometimes waiting 10 minutes and trying again may give better results. We recommend you give it another try after a short wait, hopefully while signed into your GitHub account, and let us know if that works any better. If not, let us know!