Custom Thank-You Page After Form Submission Only Appears After Refresh

Hi!

After a form submission, the custom page only loads after one refresh but until then it is the generic Netlify page. I have seen this posted before but the solution was not helpful.

Here is a screenshot of GitHub:
Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 1.08.14 AM

And then this is in my main index.html:

<form name="address-book"
        action="/thank-you/index"
        method="POST"
        data-netlify="true">

I have tried “/thank-you/index.html” and also removing it out of the thank-you folder and doing /thank-you.html and just /thank-you

What am I doing wrong? Thank you!

Hi @imstilllearningok , welcome
Kindly watch the video in the resource below on how to configure your Netlify Forms to navigate to a custom success page after form submit.

1 Like

Hi @clarnx,

This doesn’t work. I am using just HTML & CSS files. The same issue is occurring. The page is there but it doesn’t automatically appear when I submit. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback @imstilllearningok
If possible can you share the repository of your site so that I can help with the debugging.

Thanks.

Hi! I fixed it. I deleted all of the other junk/old files in the Github repository moved everything I needed to just the same main path. This for some reason worked. I figured it out because I create a new repo to share with you and that worked even though nothing really changed. Have you seen this before?

1 Like

Hi @imstilllearningok, thanks for sharing how you resolved your problem.