Creating a new subdomain with a Cname that points to a third party

• quiet-llama-e9683d.netlify.app

• I have the domain registered with Go daddy but using Netlify NS. I am trying to make a subdomain called apply.brocarfinance.co.uk and would like the Cname to point to an external third party.

• My current site is currently live and is working fine. I cant add a subdomain through Godaddy because i am using Netlify NS.

• I have tried adding a new Cname through my Domain manager on netlify attached to the above domain. However if i try and add a new domain with the apply. it tells me Netlify is already hosting the domain and its subdomains.

Hi @Olly-p,

Do you have the same issue if you remove the www.apply.brocarfinance.co.uk with the NETLIFY Record domain from the Netlify DNS Zone here? Doesn’t seem that subdomain is assigned to a site.

1 Like

Hi Melvin,

I have removed the www.apply.brocarfinance.co.uk from the DNS zone. But im not sure how i go about assigning the subdomain to a site. I assumed that if i list the subdomain to the third party in the Cname that should work?

Hi @Melvin

I have removed the www.apply.brocarfinance.co.uk from the DNS zone. But im not sure how i go about assigning the subdomain to a site. I assumed that if i list the subdomain to the third party in the Cname that should work?

I @Olly-p,

Thanks for the follow-up. Have you assigned the subdomain to a site where you are hosting?

I do see that the CNAME Record has propagated: