Authentication Error

Hello, since yesterday evening I haven’t been able to deploy an app.
When I click on add existing site to pick a repository from GitHub, I get “AUTHORIZED” on the screen and on refresh gives the authentication Error.

Saw an old post here, that instructs creating a new password and logging in using email.

I did that and reconnected my Github account. Still getting same error.

Here’s the error message:

“Authenticating failed due to the following error: bad_verification_code: The code passed is incorrect or expired. error=bad_verification_code&error_description=The+code+passed+is+incorrect+or+expired.&error_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.github.com%2Fapps%2Fmanaging-oauth-apps%2Ftroubleshooting-oauth-app-access-token-request-errors%2F%23bad-verification-code”

Hey there, @frankiefab100 :wave:

sorry to hear you have encountered obstacles. Can you please share the github repository you are trying to connect? This will help us look into this further.

Thanks!

joyalshaji135 ==> it is my git Repository

You cannot login as you’ve been marked as spam. You will need verify your identity through stripe. Can you provide an email please so we can send a link to verify yourself?

joyalshaji135@gmail.com

Hi @joyalshaji135 we sent you a verification link can you please let me know when you have verified your identity and attach a screenshot when it’s been completed.

What is this

Hi,

you need to make sure the ID documents you submitted are acceptable. If you are still trying to verify your ID please take a look at the acceptable list of documents.

Hey , I am also getting the same error – Authenticating failed due to the following error: bad_verification_code: The code passed is incorrect or expired. error=bad_verification_code&error_description=The+code+passed+is+incorrect+or+expired.&error_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.github.com%2Fapps%2Fmanaging-oauth-apps%2Ftroubleshooting-oauth-app-access-token-request-errors%2F%23bad-verification-code

When I am trying to deploy a new website with Github , I am getting this error.

Hi @jainkinjal02 :wave:t6: welcome to the community! The usual solution for this issue is the following steps:

1. Login to Netlify using the email address and password only.
  1. Once logged into Netlify with the email address and password, then change the GitHub account associated with this email address here: Netlify App
  2. Log out of Netlify.

Once this is done, you should be able to log into Netlify using GitHub or the email address. Both methods of login should work now. If they do not or if there are any other questions, please let us know.

Hello, I’m having the same error.

This is what it’s showing me…

Authenticating failed due to the following error: bad_verification_code: The code passed is incorrect or expired. error=bad_verification_code&error_description=The+code+passed+is+incorrect+or+expired.&error_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.github.com%2Fapps%2Fmanaging-oauth-apps%2Ftroubleshooting-oauth-app-access-token-request-errors%2F%23bad-verification-code

I’ve sent a mail and I’ve even tried to login with email and password but all efforts proves abortive

Hiya :wave:t6: thanks for reaching out! I have sent your query to our helpdesk. Please refer to ticket # 232885

Thank you… The email I used is

zeragive@gmail.com