Video background not playing

Hello,

I uploaded one of my projects nothing big just a landing page with a video background. The video background isnt playing at all. The website is https://eager-khorana-737f27.netlify.app/

Hey there, @Amckenney212 :wave:

Welcome to the Netlify Forums :netliconfetti:

I can confirm that the video is not loading on my end either. Are you using Large Media? If so, I want to point out that Netlify Large Media is not suitable for streaming audio or video files. However, storing these assets for download should work well.

I recommend reviewing this documentation and the limitations section:

Additionally, this Support Guide is a great resource for troubleshooting large media configurations: [Support Guide] Troubleshooting your Netlify Large Media Configuration

Please take a look at those, follow the suggestions, and let us know how it goes!

Hi, @Amckenney212. I see the site trying to load /ocean.mp4 and getting a 404. However, when I checked the repo being used to deploy that site, there is no such file. In fact there are no MP4 files of any kind in that repo.

As there is no build command and we just deploy the repo as is, this is the reason for the failure. The required file is missing from the repo.

If there are other questions about this, please let us know.

2 Likes

Pleased to see your issue, I have same issue from last couple of days official site and still i can’t able to find proper solution. so please help me.

Hi @albert9584,

Please share your site URL so we can debug.