Use Netlify DNS with Domain Alias?

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to use Netlify DNS with a domain alias (so not primary domain or default subdomain).
I tried to change the nameservers of the domain alias, but it still did not resolve after a couple of days.
Now I went back to GoDaddy’s default nameservers and redirecting there using an A @ record and a CNAME www record. This is not optimal, however, but it is complaining about wrong certificates.

What do I do to solve this?

Thank you in advance

Hi @Greatness,

Yup, though you have to create a DNS zone for it. You can’t share the same DNS zone for multiple domains since they may have different name servers. You can go to the domains panel on your account and add a domain from there. If you tell us which domain you’re having trouble with, I can give you a link.

1 Like

Hi @futuregerald,

I am not entirely sure how to do that. The primary domain is ‘telefoonverbod.nl’, the second domain is ‘omzeil1juli.nl’.

Hi @Greatness, you’ll want to log in to your account and go here: Netlify App. From there, you should be able to add your omzeil1juli.nl domain. You’ll also will likely need to create the ALIAS and CNAME records mention in our Custom Domain doc. Let us know if you still experience issues after doing that.