Unrecognized Git contributor despite being connected

I have the following site: www.maartendesplenter.com. This site uses the free plan and is build from a private repo on github.

This was all set up a while back, with just a standard 404 page while I was working on the rest of the site. This initial commit was made from my personal account (not this one) and deployed without a problem. Since then, the repository has moved (a fork of the original one, but managed by this account). This did not trigger a redeploy. I’ve been developing the rest of the site on a dev branch that also didn’t trigger any builds. I worked locally using netlify CLI / netlify dev.

Today, I updated the 404 page and commited from the same personal account as before. This is how I discovered there can only be one contributer to a free project with a private repo, as I got the following deploy error message “Build failed: unrecognized Git contributor.”

Easy fix? I made sure to connect the github account associated with this account (a shared one between me and my client), and redid the commit from this account. I still got the same error message.

Maybe the problem was that the initial commit was from a different account? At this point I had no idea what was going on anymore, so I made a new repository (on this account), linked it on netlify, made one initial commit (on this account) and still it wouldn’t deploy with the same error message.

My netlify account is linked to the github account and is in the team of the netlify project of the site. The site is linked to the correct private repo and all contributions to that repo use the same github account that is linked to netlify.

I’m pretty sure I’m not breaking any rules anymore for the free plan, as I’m only using one account for everything. But if anyone knows what could be the issue, or how I can debug this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @Maarten_De_Splenter :wave:,
Thanks for reaching out!

We’ve gone ahead and created a support ticket for you, so our team can follow up with you directly via email from the help desk. Our Support crew will be in touch with you by email soon.

Great news: these days anyone can reach out to Netlify Support. First, you can try getting an answer using Ask Netlify, our helpful AI search tool. If your question isn’t answered there, you can submit a ticket using the support form, and we’ll take it from there.

We’re keeping the community around for swapping ideas, sharing tips and tricks, and talking shop with other folks building on the platform — but for support issues, tickets are the way to go.

Thanks for being here, and keep an eye out for that email from us!