Unable to add a custom domain purchased from domain.com

I have deployed an app which is served at https://gleeful-trifle-183c86.netlify.app/ and I have purchased the custom domain sortingvisualizer.com through Domain.com.

I have been unable to complete step two of “Set up your site” because I cannot verify this domain through Netlify. When I type the domain into the field and click “verify”, it says that it is already registered, and when I click “add domain” again, it informs me that “Another site is already using this domain”. I purchased this domain several days ago, and I have waited long enough for propagation.

I saw a post elsewhere that suggested making a TXT DNS record on the domain provider for Netlify to verify, but I do not know what to put in the “content” section of the record, because Netlify has not provided me with a code. I am the rightful owner of this domain which I have purchased, and I have never made a different account or changed email addresses with Netlify. How can this problem be solved?

Thank you.

Hello! If you follow the steps below, one of the support staff member will be able to remove ownership of the domain from your old account so that you can re-add them to the new account.

For the content of the TXT record, you can just put the link to your post on this thread.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the response. How long should I expect it to take for this issue to resolve?

You still haven’t added the domain to your site: Netlify App

Please refer to: Custom domains | Netlify Docs

Yes, this is the problem I’m having. I am unable to add the domain to my site.

hi, use the number from this forums post as the value for your TXT record. So that would be 87444

Ok, I have added a TXT record with title “verified-for-netlify”, a content value of “87444”, and a TTL of 1 hour. Now, do I just have to wait?

Hi @atorcode,

Thank you for the follow-up. I have verified the TXT Record and you should now be able to use the domain on your site.

1 Like

Thank you very much!