Split Testing – How to split traffic for just one URL?

Hey there!
We are currently testing Netlify’s split testing but I’m somewhat unsure on how to use it.
The problem is, that I don’t know how to not split the whole traffic that Netlify receives.

To give some context: We have a webpage, some Landingpages around it and traffic coming from multiple sources.
If I now want to test some hypothesis – on a e.g. product page – I’ll have a lot of traffic that gets split but has not seen the actual changes. I obviously only want people to participate in the test, that have seen the product page.
Else, when splitting all the traffic, I might end up having 100 people on A and 1000 on B on the product paeg, because I can’t guarantee that people that are participating in the test, have seen the content of the test.

Is there any way to solve this?
Thanks in advance!
Tim

1 Like

Hi Tim,

It’s a little unclear to me which funcionality you are looking for. If you want to ensure that only people that go to a specific page are entered in to the split test then you can actually set the nf_ab cookie that tells us which branch to send visitors when they enter that page. When our proxy sees that nf_ab cookie, we’ll route traffic based on that. If you check your site while you have a split test enabled you should see the nf_ab cookie, which can contain a branch name or a decimal percentage.