Slow image loading when using Large Media

I switched over to use LM on a personal project. I am finding the loading times of images to be a lot slower. I am using 11ty SSG. Does this have something to do with my location? I am living Thailand at the moment.

Before using NLM, the same img vmg-desktop.png would load in 70ms.

img link with NLM:

img link w/o:

I am guessing this isn’t normal?

Hi, @Coru89. This is a known issue and there is a long thread about it here:

In particular, this post should explain what is happening. We have an issue filed to improve this but I there is no official ETA of when this might change.

If you do want to remove the Large Media add-on you can still use Git LFS. Large Media is optional when using Git LFS, not required. If you do decide to remove it, please read the uninstalling Large Media support guide and then let us know when you are ready to proceed.

If there are other questions, we’ll be happy to answer.

1 Like

AH - thanks for the resources. Cheers.

I am going to remove LM and refrain from using git LFS. Could you please help with @luke?

I was curious about the tech and wanted to see how it worked–I don’t really need it for this project. I’m early on in development of this project and not worried about losing any image assets.

Hey @Coru89,

We can remove Large Media, but I’m not seeing what site this is regarding. Could you please mention that?

Hello - sorry for the super slow response. I had to put this project on pause for a higher priority project and had forgotten I left this limbo.

The site this is regarding is: https://tway-dev.netlify.app

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

Hi, @Coru89. It looks like this was completed here:

If not, please let us know.

we’re all good, thanks!