Self service integration with prerender.io

Hi

I’m Csaba from prerender.io
We have more and more customers who use netlify and want to use prerender.io

You offer these customers to turn on prerender.io integration for them if they ask but it would be nice if they could do it themselves through netlify functions.

I’m thinking about something similar to prerender-node (GitHub - prerender/prerender-node: Express middleware for prerendering javascript-rendered pages on the fly for SEO) so they can filter their domains, change their token and things like that.

So is there a reason that this cannot happen for example you are using a private API or something? (or you want to promote your own prerendering service)

Do you use netlify functions for the integration? Can you send us the code so we can add options and publish it just like prerender-node?

Thanks

Hi @csaba,

This post might help:

To answer some questions here, we do not use Netlify Functions for pre-rendering and we do not have a code example that might help you achieve so.

Thanks for the quick answer. This person is one of our customers and if I’m correct you turned on prerender integration for him.
I was hoping that there is a way to do it without asking the netlify support but thanks though.

Yeah, unfortunately the only automatic way is to use Netlify’s pre-rendering.