Redirecting a client's website that is done on wix, to netlify

Hei there.
Junior front end dev here; managed to do a job for a client; the website is hosted here, on netlify - https://cranta-clinic.netlify.app/
What am I looking for is that when you go to alicrantamedicalcenter.com the old site from wix to be forgotten, and instead, redirect to my site which is hosted on netlify.
Since their nameservers on wix cannot be edited, I have added the dns on the cname, like this :
CNAME:
HOSTNAME: www.alicrantamedicalcenter.com
VALUE: www.dns1.p01.nsone.net
TTL: 1 hour

So now the original domain address, which is alicrantamedicalcenter.com is dead, not loading, so now my dilema is: did I do it right, using the dns in the cname(also should www be used before dns?) so if the domain.com is not redirected yet to the netlify site, is it because the dns is not propagated yet or I messed up the dns stuff?

Thanks for reading, and thank you for your help/tips!

Unfortunately, the config you’ve shared is incorrect. You need 2 records:

Name Value Type
@ 75.2.60.5 A
www cranta-clinic.netlify.app CNAME

You can remove any others records that you might have created.

1 Like

@hrishikesh Thank you for the reply.
I have updated the cname and A records as shown bellow:

cname records - Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-20-59-55 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

a records - Screenshot-2022-12-19-at-21-00-23 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

I’m wondering, on the A section, I should have only the A record of the netlify, or i should leave there the ones from wix aswell?
Thank you very much,

Hi, @mihai-gabriel1. The other A records not pointing to Netlify should be deleted.

1 Like

Hi @Luke, @hrishikesh

This is an old thread, but I followed it and set a Wix website to point to netlify. Now the apex domain is getting a certificate warning when I try to navigate there:

The A record points to the load balancer IP (75.2.60.5) and the CNAME points to [domain].netlify.app

In Netlify, I have the subdomain set as the primary domain, as suggested here.

What can I do to prevent this warning?

Ok, I believe I fixed this by renewing the certificate.

I think what I initially did was:

1. Point DNS records (apex + subdomain) to Netlify (apex = primary by default)
  2. Provision HTTPS certificate
  3. Switch primary domain from to subdomain

Which may have led to an inaccurate certificate?

We need a site name to see or say anything.