Redirect by Location not working properly - need help

Hello,
So I am trying to redirect users that access my site (
fallguys-esportinfo.netlify.app) from 2 countries, I followed the netlify documentation and created a _redirects file with the nessecary information. Which currently looks like this:

/* Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (Official Music Video) - YouTube 302! Country=be,ee
/* /200.html 200
/* /200.html 404

The good part is that the first country be “belgium” is getting redirected, but the second country estonia is still accessing the website normally, I can’t find the issue. I tried seperating the countries into 2 different rows which didnt work either. Need help sorting this out!

Hiya @mamoshi ! I looked in our database and we do seem to be reading the redirect correctly, though your second and third redirects are very confusing - you should probably remove one of them since they don’t make sense together. Still probably not impacting this particular behavior.

Could you confirm that the IP you connect from when testing, is reported as coming from Estonia in this tool from our geolocation software vendor? Our CDN should match their report on this page:

You could also tell me the x-nf-request-id HTTP response header for such a failing request, to let me correlate such a request with our internal logs.

I can see some requests from Estonia when I look there, but they all came well before you wrote in in this thread, so I am not sure if your redirect was live at that time.

1 Like

Hey, I removed the lines you mentioned not sure why I had them since before. I tried connecting through estonia again with the ip (62.65.48.53), which shows that it is in Estonia (using your geolocation vendor) but still I dont get redirected away when connecting to the website.

Hey there, @mamoshi :wave:

It has been a few days since this thread was active. I wanted to check in and see if you are still encountering this obstacle? If so, please let me know and I can bring this issue to our team.