Problems with authentication services urls

Hi,

I am having problems with my website in relation to the authentication services I have added on top.

The website, https://insights-with-ellis.netlify.app, works well and load the login box from the authentication services, set up with FrontEgg.
However, when I try the activate account url or the reset password url (in the format Ellis plus a dynamically generated userId from FrontEgg), I get the “Page Not Found: Looks like you’ve followed a broken link or entered a URL that doesn’t exist on this site” error.

How can I make these pages exist or be found when a new user needs to activate their account or reset a password?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion and help.

Kind regards,
Isis

Hi @isis_herrero

Are you using React, Vue, or other SPA framework? If so, you might look at [Support Guide] Direct links to my single page app (SPA) don't work and History pushstate and single-page apps for a possible solution to this issue.

As the site is password protected, I can only make guesses.

Hi @coelmay,

Yeah, I’m using a React framework. I have tried both with the _redirects file and with adding the redirection config to the netlify.toml file. None seems to work, and I’m still getting the “Page Not Found” error.
When doing it in the netlify.toml, I wrote this configuration:

[[redirects]]
  from = "/*"
  to = "/index.html"
  status = 200
  force = true
  query = {path = ":path"}

Is that correct? If so, any other possibilities to configure the redirection and/or solve this issue?

I’ve eliminated the password protection, in case you need to check the site.

Thanks for you help, by the way!

I tried visiting https://insights-with-ellis.netlify.app/account directly and received “Page Not Found”. This suggested the redirect isn’t correctly configured. On the latest deploy, is there an indication the redirect rule (or rules if you have multiple) were processed during deploy?

I have it, yes.

While I don’t know that it will necessarily make a difference, I don’t believe you need the

query = {path = ":path"}

on the redirect as you are not passing a query, let along a value for path.

Can you remove this line and see if this makes any difference to the /account page loading when directly typed.

Ok, so the final configuration that works is this:

[[redirects]]
  from = "/*"
  to = "/index.html"
  status = 200
  force = false

Thanks so much for your help!! It was great!