Please remove my domain

Could you please release this domain.

Hey there @Code-Horror , this is happening because the custom domain you’re trying to use already exists on Netlify under a different account.

If you have some idea of who might be using the domain (maybe a previous collaborator or an agency you’ve worked with in the past?), the quickest way to get this resolved is for you to contact that person directly and ask them to remove the domain from their account here:

Netlify App > “Options” dropdown > “Remove domain”

If you’re not sure, please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I not longer have access to that account. As you can see I am the owner of the domain as I am registered here, and on Netlify, under the same domain.

Hey there, @Code-Horror :wave:

Thanks for following up. I checked and do not see a TXT record verifying your ownership. Unfortunately, this is required in order for us to complete this process for you!

Please verify domain ownership and let us know by responding here when that’s done. If the verification is successful we can remove the domain from the other account so you can use it on yours.

I will stay tuned for a response!

Sorry about that. Done :slight_smile:

Hey @Code-Horror,

That domain doesn’t seem to be connected to any Netlify site or account.

When I try to add the domain, it’s says it’s already connected to an account. While this ticket was open I had to redirect the domain to my Github. I needed my resume present for an event I was attending. I was meant to have my resume attached to my static site that I wanted to host on netlify but this issue prevented that. So currently, the DNS records do not point to netlify, but the domain still exists on an account I no longer have any access to.

Ok the problem no longer seems to exist, I have attempted to add the domain and I no longer get that error. This issue is now resolved. Thank you.