Over 100x more views in Netlify Analytics than Google Analytics?

Hey there, @maxlaumeister :wave:

Thank you for taking the time to share those thorough thoughts. I have sent them directly to our product team.

I agree with Max here. I was about to sign up but after reading this thread I will have to go with the “less accurate” aka more accurate google analytics. I personally get no value in knowing the bot analytics.

My assumption is that this issue is probably very difficult to engineer.

1 Like

Hi @aaronconway! :wave:t6: Welcome to the forums. :netliconfetti: Thanks for chiming in the discussion. We really appreciate your feedback and thoughts and have passed this information to the adequate parties.

Netlify Analytics is unusable for me & my clients without this being fixed. For example, if it reports 1,000 visitors, all I know is that there were anywhere from 0-1000 real human visitors.

1 Like

Hi @olivergburke :wave:t6: , welcome to the forums! We are so glad you’re here. We appreciate the feedback you have provided and I have submitted a feature request to our product team. Thank you and happy building. :netliconfetti:

Hi, I just purchased netlify analytics and I regret it after reading this post… I was completely mislead by its advertisement. I hope you can take this issue seriously, as otherwise this feature is not useful at all.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

I was going to buy Netlify Analytics. But now I know I shouldn’t. Thanks everyone for your honest review.

1 Like

They just launched a beta “real user metrics” feature but it’s for pro subscribers, so it’s kind of a joke :rofl: I feel scammed tbh

Real User Metrics is very different from Site Analytics, so comparing them makes no sense.

Also canceling netlify analytics subscription until metrics are interpretable in a meaningful way. We gain little information from say an uptick in page views if perhaps due to a new crawler coming online.

Love the service otherwise! Hoping to reenable soon. Much preferable to the performance hit from GA.

I also canceled my analytics subscription because of wildly inaccurate numbers. Seems like they might be being thrown off by mastodon nodes generating page previews or something.