Only receiving name, email and message input from the form

Hello guys!

I just started learning html5/css3 3 months ago and I have launched my website under netlify, and I first would like to thank you for this amazing platform you created.

I followed a course on udemy to learn how to use the forms with netlif. I tried sending myself a completed form and it works perfectly. The only thing is that I am not receiving all the rest of the information of the form I created. (just Name + Email + Message)
I am new to this so I do not fully understand how a form works yet, this is why for now I was hoping to use your service.

Could you please let me know if I should use something else to receive the full form with all the inputs, or is it something that I should activate with you ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

my website: # nervous-sammet-d162ea

Hiya, sorry you are having trouble getting your forms to work.

This Support Guide is the first port of call to debug any forms issues. There are also many other Support Guides for forms - you can find them here: #Netlify-support:support-guides

We also recommend trying to search the forums or look at topics tagged Netlify forms if you haven’t already - it’s likely your question was already asked by someone else!

If you are still having problems, please provide more information such as what you have already tried, and a link to your live form. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Luke! Im going down the rabbit hole and post the solution if I find it :pray:

Have a good day!

Manny

1 Like

Hi, @manuel_dmc, we are happy to assist if there are other questions. If you want us to take another look at this please send the following details:

1. The URL of your deployed html form (in case you have a javascript form, we need to literally be linked to the html version you’ve deployed as mentioned above - look for “pure javascript”)
  2. The form name that you’ve set and that shows in our UI
  3. Any errors or logs from the Netlify build logs, dashboard or browser developer console
  4. Description of anything you have tried that did or didn’t help or make things better/worse

That information will allow us to start researching the issue and we are happy to assist if it still isn’t working.

Hello Luke and thank you for your reply.

here is the link to my form:
https://www.dogmastercoach.com/the-form.html

I am ot using javascript for this form. It is important though, that I inform you about a couple of things:

• on this page, there are 2 forms (each one of them has this name: )
  • I have given a specific name and id to each section of the form and I still receive only the name, email, and message
  • I receive no error message from Netlify
  • The dashboard does show me the submissions of the form once it is submitted

Thanks a lot in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Manny

Hi, @manuel_dmc, I think the issue is coming from the two forms. The first form has only these inputs:

<input type='hidden' name='form-name' value='contact' />
<input type="text" name="name" id="name" autocomplete="off" required>
<input type="email" name="email" id="email" autocomplete="off" required>
<input class="btn-send" type="submit" value="SEND EMAIL">

There is a second form with other inputs but the first form creates the endpoint to handle the form processing. The solution for this will be to either:

1. use two different form names

or:

1. create a single HTML form which contains all possible inputs for both forms

For solution #2, it isn’t requires to actually submit all inputs when POST-ing the form data but all inputs should be defined in a single HTML form.

Would you please try one of the solutions above?

If there are questions about either solution or if the solution does not work, please let us know.

Hi there Luke! Thanks a bunch man, your solution helped me solve the case!

Here is the debugging for HTML forms:

• It is possible to have two forms on on HTML page. There are a few conditions (as you explained it). They need to have two different form names.

• In the Netlify form section, we are suggested to place the following :

<form name="contact" method="POST" data-netlify="true">

-> The name that can be changed depending on the nature of the form. (subscription, details, etc…) -“contact” being the default option.-

-> Do not forget to close the form before opening another form.

</form>
  • And finally, last but not least:

Put an individual id for each input we need the information from:

Example:

They will then appear in our submission panel:

In the end we make a nice html form without having to learn php and all the more advanced programing languages that I was considering :sweat:

This might seem like a no brainer, but sometimes we need a little help to see things clearly.
So a big thank you Luke for helping me understand the mechanics. I hope this will also help other “not so noobs” like me :smiley:

Have a fantastic day!

Manny